Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Colleger is confusing...

So I went down and looked at CalArts and USC.

CalArts is definatly weird to see when there aren't a ton of CSSSA kids around. It's funny because even though I was there for a month, I felt really overwelmed and confused. Half the time I was there I just sat there and did nothing but try to take it all in. Definatly not the way to get questions answered or meet new people. Plus, it was a VERY intimidating experience. All the amazing CSSSA kids were there and I definatly get freaked out by awesome artists... intimidating. I guess that is probably why I am having second thoughts about CalArts. Everyone is just AMAZING there. I'm definatly afraid I will not be able to keep up.

USC was beautiful! Wowwie. I wish that they'd just slap the whole CalArts character animation program on the campus. It was so full of energy and that college campus feeling that is really cliche. From what I saw in the animation program, I wasn't too impressed. I think that any decision rests on the advise of some of the CSSSA teachers I e-mailed.


I'm definatly leaning towards CalArts...

but what if I screw up the choice?

2 comments:

Today Well Lived said...

jena.... youre so amazing. im looking at those drawings and thinking theyre professional and um then i realize that they are cuz youre going to such a great school and youre gonna have a great life. haha jealous!

<3333 you!

Amelia Lorenz said...

I totally know what you're going through with the college choice thing! Which one is right? Can I afford it? Is there a wrong choice? It's like you have to choose what you want to do for the next four years of your life and there's no turning back from it. Calarts would definitely be overwhelming to me I think...but also super challenging in a good way. I'm also thinking about the Academy of Art in San Francisco. If I don't get into CalArts I think I will go there instead. (still waiting for their letter to come in June)

You're an excellent artist and it was no coincidence that you were chosen to go to Calarts. Whichever choice you make will work out fine for you, and I could say the same for me too I guess. I think we're all in the same boat!